Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER HOUSEHOLD. THE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES OF TV MODEL UN65TU8000FXZA $699.99, QN65Q60TAFXZA $949.99, 75SM8670PUA $1,499.99, QN65Q80TAFXZA $1,799.99, QN85Q60TAFXZA, $2,699.99, QN85Q70TAFXZA $2,999.99 QN85Q80TAFXZA $3,499.99. ALTERNATIVELY, THE VALUE OF THE CASH PRIZE IS $1,426.00. ODDS OF WINNING 1 IN 10 ELIGIBLE ENTRIES. ELIGIBLE ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 1,500 ENTRIES. RESIDENCY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VIRGINIA RESIDENTS NOT ELIGIBLE. NO CREDIT APPLICATION REQUIRED. STARTS 5/17/20. ENDS 5/30/20.
- The 1 in 10 Wins Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open and available only to legal residents of Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who enter the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules (each a “Participant”). Participants must visit a Conn’s HomePlus Showroom between 5/17/20 and 5/30/20 to enter and must register via a valid invoice number or Sweepstakes Entry Form with a unique entry code at www.connspromotions.com between 6/15/20 and 6/21/20. A purchaser of a qualifying television must take possession of such television prior to 6/15/20.
- Employees, officers and directors of Conn Appliances, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, and web masters and web suppliers (and each of their respective dependents, immediate family members (children, spouse, parents, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in the same household of each, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Except as legally prohibited, potential winner(s) will be required to provide proof of identification, residence and eligibility as required by Sponsor.
- Participants who have financed transactions with Sponsor are only eligible to win if past credit accounts have been paid in full and/or if current credit accounts are in good standing.
- Eligible entries are limited to the first 1,500 entries.
- Participants must be eligible to win at the time of the drawing to obtain a Prize.
- Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- The Sweepstakes begins on 5/17/20 and ends 5/30/20 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Participants must register by entering a valid invoice number or uploading a completed Sweepstakes Entry Form at www.connspromotions.com between 6/15/20 and 6/21/20.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES
- Purchaser Entries: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit a Conn’s HomePlus Showroom located in the state of Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Texas (together, “Participating Showrooms”) and purchase a qualifying television: model numbers UN65TU8000FXZA $699.99, QN65Q60TAFXZA $949.99, 75SM8670PUA $1,499.99, QN65Q80TAFXZA $1,799.99, QN85Q60TAFXZA,$2,699.99, QN85Q70TAFXZA $2,999.99 QN85Q80TAFXZA $3,499.99. Register between 6/15/20 and 6/21/20 at www.connspromotions.com by entering your (i) invoice number; (ii) first name; (iii) last name; (iv) email address; (v) mobile phone number; and (vi) home address (street, city, state and zip code). We will send you an email to confirm your entry. Must be eligible at time of drawing to obtain a Prize.
- Non-Purchaser Entries: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit a Participating Showroom, request and fill out the Sweepstakes Entry Form. Register the Sweepstakes Entry Form between 6/15/20 and 6/21/20 at www.connspromotions.com with the following information: (i) first name; (ii) last name; (iii) email address; (iv) mobile phone number; (v) home address (street, city, state and zip code); (vi) Sponsor store number; (vii) date visited; (viii) manager name; and (ix) unique entry code. A completed Sweepstakes entry form must be uploaded. We will send you an email to confirm your entry. Must be eligible at time of drawing to obtain a Prize.
- Limit one (1) entry per household regardless of the number of purchases or times a household member visits a Participating Showroom during the Sweepstakes Period. More than one entry from the same household will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, illegible, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, postage due or mechanically reproduced entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor, on or about 7/22/20 from among all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified within fifteen (15) days of 7/22/20 by phone, text or email and each winner will be required to respond within twenty-four (24) hours from the time of the first phone, text or email notification or the Prize (as defined below) will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Except as legally prohibited, the winners will be required to complete, sign and return the presented Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, where lawful, a Photograph and Publicity Release, and an IRS 1099 Form within ten (10) calendar days, or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Each winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning. Each winner will be required to furnish their Social Security Number for the sole purpose of preparation of tax forms as required by law.
- In the event a potential winner does not respond to the message or return documents in a timely manner, or accept the Prize, or if the Prize notification or Prize is not deliverable, or the potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to use winner’s name, likeness, biographical data and statements for advertising and publicity purposes without notice or additional compensation.
- Odds of winning are 1 in 10 eligible entries. Making a purchase will not increase the odds of winning. Eligible entries are limited to the first 1,500 entries.
PRIZE AND PRIZE CONDITIONS
- For winners who purchased a qualifying television, the Sweepstakes Prize is the value of the qualifying television purchased excluding taxes, delivery, installation or any other associated costs (the “Free TV”). Such winners will be paid by direct deposit to their bank account.
- Winners who did not purchase a qualifying television will receive $1,426 (the “Cash Prize”) by direct deposit to their bank account.
- Prizes are not assignable nor transferable.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Participants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, and web masters and web suppliers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by each Participant against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, or for any printing, production, technical, typographical, human, or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; and (b) except where legally prohibited, (i) winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the internet and/or world wide web, in perpetuity, without notice, review or approval. In the event any portion of the Sweepstakes is compromised by activities which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes.
- By participating, Participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Claiming one of the Prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, or stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer online systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunication, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Participant's eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select a winner for the drawing from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the internet or wireless waves or at any web site or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a Participant's or other person's system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes.
DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW
- Each Participant hereby consents to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Harris County, Texas in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Official Rules or relating to the Sweepstakes. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, NOT TO EXCEED TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES, IF ANY, AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- In the event of a force majeure including, but not limited to, wars, riots, fires, floods, hurricanes, typhoons, earthquakes, explosions, strikes, pandemics, outbreaks of disease, lockouts or prolonged shortage of energy supplies which may materially affect the financial performance of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes at any time up until such time as Prizes have been awarded.
- Beginning on 8/10/20, you can obtain the first name, city and state of the winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Marketing Department, 2445 Technology Forest Blvd, Building 4, Ste 800, The Woodlands, TX, 77381.
- The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Conn Appliances, Inc., 2445 Technology Forest Blvd, Building 4, Ste 800, The Woodlands, TX, 77381.